Join me October 15th at 7pm CST/8pm EST in my Free Facebook Group for a Live class helping you elevate your brand with photography!
Whether you are seeking to take your own photos, or hire a professional, the content in this post and in my upcoming Facebook Live will help you.
hours minutes seconds
Brand Your Biz Academy FB Live!
Before I shoot any content for my brand @thecnbrand, I map out the creative vision for the shoot before hand.
I always determine these 3 things before photographing anything:
- What do I want my audience to do when they see my brand’s content online?
- How much traffic do I want to drive to my website with this content?
- Will this content be repurposed for other use across the internet (Ex: social media, blog, website, email, etc.)?
Establishing the answers to these 3 questions helps me map out a strategic content creation plan, and the best marketing plan to effectively map out my vision…
I’ve been dibbling and dabbling in photography for 10 years now, and I still love taking pictures for my businesses.
If you are struggling getting your audience to convert with your content, you may be lacking in the creative marketing department.
Go back up to the 3 questions I listed above, and add them to your brainstorming session!
She wanted to know some helpful tips for taking photos on your own, so here are a few of the tips I shared with her:
- Understand the vision behind your brand and make your content creative to stand out online.
- Drive around your town (if applicable) and take pictures on your phone of local places you’d love to shoot at.
- Choose shooting locations that photograph well and are open to the public.
Posing, Angles, & Modeling
I’ve been creating content on the internet for over 10 years, so I’ve had a lot of practice modeling in front of a camera and taking photos of others.
Practice makes perfect! Believe me, practicing in front of a mirror and getting use to staple poses you can do at any photo shoot goes a long way.
Also consider collaborating with other people who can model for your brand in exchange for free content to build up their portfolios. I both model and collaborate with other women, so try it out for yourself!
Lighting & Editing
When it comes to getting the best possible photo using your phone or professional camera, lighting makes a HUGE difference.
I personally prefer to shoot with natural lighting before 6pm when the sun starts to go down on my side of town.
Play around with different lighting sources, wether you choose to shoot in natural light or with indoor lighting equipment.
I love to edit, so I’m always trying to make sure I have the best lighting source to make editing easier (considering I typically shoot in bulk).
Reference my latest blog posts for further details on my content strategy:
- Become More Visible On Instagram: Episode 1I’m starting a New Web Series in my Free Facebook Group for Black Female Brand & Business Owners called… Read More Become More Visible On Instagram: Episode 1
- How to Elevate Your Brand with Photography Like A ProJoin me October 15th at 7pm CST/8pm EST in my Free Facebook Group for a Live class helping you… Read More How to Elevate Your Brand with Photography Like A Pro
When it comes to the best editing apps for brand and business owners, I reference all the top apps I recommend to my clients here:
- The Millennial’s Guide to Making More Money Online eBook
- Brand Your Biz Academy Membership Group for Women of Color
Want more insight and helpful techniques?
Join me and a very special guest in my upcoming Facebook Live to learn more helpful tips, tricks and strategies to elevate your content using photography, and take your brand to the next level!
I’m bringing on a professional female photographer with experience and insight you need for your brand and business.
You don’t want to miss it.
See you there!