Welcome to another blog post to help you make more money online!
I hope you’ve been finding my blog posts helpful for your business and branding journey and have subscribed to both My Blog and My YouTube Channel to receive weekly boosts of information and inspiration for your week!
Today, I’m going to teach you how to make money on social media through personal branding.
I’m aware that some of you may just be getting started with your personal brands on social media, so I want to give you some tips and insight to help you get started the right way.
So let’s get into it!
BUILDING AUTHORITY IN YOUR NICHE
The first step to monetizing your personal brand on social media is by building authority in your niche.
For example, if you seek to monetize your personal brand as a business expert, you must first establish online presence as the business expert you wish others to see you as.
Think of social media as your virtual vision board. What do you envision your personal brand to say about you?
Map this vision out, and create your social media presence to resemble that very vision.
People on social media need to see you as YOU see you. This is why confidence “in self” and in your gift is very important. You cannot expect other people to believe something about you that you don’t believe about yourself.
How to do this:
- Research your industry so that you prove to know what you’re talking about online
- Create visuals and comprehensive messaging for your social media feed that portrays your vision and expertise
- Grow a loyal following of individuals who see your vision, being led by your guidance of visual storytelling and valuable information
It’s going to be very important for you as a personal brand to know what true value is for your target audience.
If this is your first time seeing the term “target audience,” I recommend reading my ebook, “Fundamentals to Building Your Brand Online.” I go into great detail about finding your niche, target audience, research, and more.
Consistency is going to be very important in your journey to building authority in your niche.
People need to continuously see that you know what you’re talking about, and that you actually live what you’re portraying.
Integrity in your brand and consistency of your content are going to be the factors that will take your personal brand from being regular to being authoritative.
CREATING A BUSINESS PLAN
Yes, you need a business plan for your personal brand.
Because your personal brand will be monetized, and thus becomes a personal business with income and expenses.
When it comes to the name of your personal brand, you have the option to:
- Use your name as your personal brand’s business name
- Use a fictitious name from your blog (if you have one)
- Use a fictitious name to keep your identity private
Whichever name you choose to use, you want to make sure you:
- Secure name legally
- Secure name on social media for your social media handles
- Secure any website domains you may need now or in the future
You want to start off creating a business plan for your personal brand because this will help you plan out the business strategy for your brand.
I never consult individuals to start anything without a business plan. Big Mistake!
Creating a business plan puts everything into perspective for you, and helps you see your strengths and weaknesses in the industry, forcing you to financially plan for your vision.
This step is crucial to you making money and not wasting money in the beginning of your process like most people do. (I don’t want this to be you).
I talk more about the different business entities you can file for your brand in my ebook, “Fundamentals to Building Your Brand Online.”
GROWING YOUR BRAND ON INSTAGRAM
Growing a brand on Instagram at this stage in the game is a bit more difficult now than it was 3-5 years ago.
I created my eCourse, “Instagram Masterclass,” to help you create a successful brand on Instagram from scratch.
Reference that eCourse for:
- Creating an Instagram account from scratch
- Attract target audience on Instagram
- Create high quality content on a budget
- Learn how to increase followers on Instagram
- Learn how to increase engagement on Instagram
- Monetization on Instagram
- Instagram strategy
WORKING WITH BRANDS FOR MONEY
It is now possible for you to monetize your personal brand on social media by working with brands for money.
Why this monetization stream works is because you have the option to freelance your creative storytelling abilities to corporate companies or small businesses who are looking for great talent.
This is why it is vital for you to show consistency through your content production, quality, and storytelling capabilities on social media.
Not only will your personal brand serve as a virtual vision board for you, and a melting pot of information and inspiration for your followers, but your personal brand on social media will also serve as a virtual resume for brands and companies looking to pay for your work – so take it seriously!
I’ve made thousands through working with brands for money on Instagram.
I go into more detail about working with brands for money in my eCourse, “Work with Brands for Money.”
Reference that eCourse for:
- How to create content that attracts brands with money
- How to monetize content as a creator
- Content & Goal Planners
- How to create a Media Kit
- Pricing strategies, negotiating, and brand pitch templates
- Gifting & Paid Campaign Networks
- Marketing Campaign Planner
CREATING YOUR 1ST DIGITAL PRODUCT
Creating a digital product for your personal brand is a great way to monetize your personal brand because:
- It allows you to test out marketing your own products to your audience
- It further builds your authority in your niche
- It’s a great marketing tool to use for interviews and press runs to build your following online
I recommend the following digital products to start out with for your personal brand:
- E-book: Relevant to your industry and your target audience, showcasing your skills and knowledge on a particular subject. Can sell on your personal website (I recommend WordPress), or on Amazon.
- eCourse: Relevant to your industry and your target audience, showcasing your ability to teach guided skills to others that produces a transformational result. Can create on Teachable.
- Downloadable and printable Planner: Relevant to your industry and your target audience, helpful for planning for a particular purpose. Can create on Etsy, Canva, or Adobe Photoshop.
- Downloadable and printable Guide: Relevant to your industry and your target audience, helpful for a particular purpose. Can create on Etsy, Canva, or Adobe Photoshop.
AFFILIATE MARKETING 101
Through affiliate marketing, you’re are able to make a commission off sales on a particular product or service you sell to your audience online.
You can become an affiliate through the following platforms:
- Jetpack by WordPress
- Amazon Associates
- eBay Partner Network
- CJ Affiliate
- Fiverr Affiliates Program
I recommend joining affiliate programs that are relevant to your industry and target audience so you can maximize earnings incurred through each affiliate program.
Were you taking notes?
In this blog post, I taught you how to make money on social media through personal branding, and I pray it was helpful for you.
If you found this information helpful, do me a favor and LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE to My Blog.
Also, Check Out My YouTube Video and SUBSCRIBE!
Follow Me on Instagram: @crystalngumezi