Today we’re making Gingerbread Cookies!
I’ve been wanting to make gingerbread cookies ever since the weather changed, so I decided to make them and share the recipe with you. These cookies were so fun to make, and they taste amazing!
As Christmas approaches, I though it would be a fun idea to show you guys how you can make these gingerbread cookies at home. This recipe makes about 7-8 cookies, so if you’re interested in learning how to create them, then keep on reading:
You will need:
- cookie sheets
- cookie tray
- cookie cutter
- rolling pin
- mixing bowls
- electric mixer or wooden spatula
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp unsweetened butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat eggs and melt butter separately. Add wet contents to dry mix.
- Mix all contents together using electric mixer, or wooden spatula until all ingredients are well blended.
- Roll dough into a ball using extra flour and your hands. Roll dough in between 2 cookie sheets with extra flour until dough is about 1/8″ thick.
- Use cookie cutter to cut into dough, placing cutter in flour before cutting dough (this prevents dough from sticking to cutter).
- When cookie dough is carved into cookie shapes, transfer to cookie sheet on cookie tray (If you have a hard time removing cookie dough shapes, cut around cookie shapes on cookie sheets and transfer to cooke tray this way).
- Bake cookies in oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove when done and transfer cookie sheet to countertop or wire cooling tray to cool.
- Add icing decoration of your choosing and enjoy!
For those of you looking for an online wholesale company where you can buy groceries, Boxed is a great site for that.
Boxed’s goal is to take the hassle out of club shopping by delivering big-sized favorites to homes and offices, saving time AND money. Boxed provides a curated selection of children’s snacks, diapers, formula, household staples, health and beauty supplies, cleaning supplies, and a wide variety of organic and green products. The company carries your mainstream favorites, along with a wide range of carefully selected premium and up and coming brands.
You also get 15% off your order plus free shipping when you use code: BOXED
Check them out below:
Hope you enjoyed this fun holiday recipe! Try it out and let me know how you like them. Like, share and comment down below.
What are some of your favorite holiday treats to make during the Christmas time?