Today we’re making cookies!
I don’t know about you, but I love oatmeal raisin cookies. They remind me of my childhood, so I thought I’d post a healthy way to make this fun and tasty treat with coconut flakes. This at home recipe makes about 15-20 cookies.
Let’s get started:
You will need:
- Cookie tray (un-greased)
- Foil (if necessary)
- cooling rack (okay if you don’t have one)
- mixing bowl
- 3/4 cup unsweetened butter
- 1/2 cup turbinado cane sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large brown eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together in mixing bowl: sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Melt butter and add to mixture along with vanilla extract; whisk eggs separately then add to mixture; add rolled oats,coconut flakes and raisins, mixing everything together.
- Drop dough onto un-greased cookie tray in spoonfuls (or onto foiled cookie tray).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cookies are brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer onto cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.
Extra Tip:When mixing dough, mix by hand to avoid over mixing of cookie dough. If cookie dough is over mixed, cookies will bake thinly.
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post, like and share it down below.