French toast is one of my most beloved breakfast treat in the whole world. I mean seriously, who doesn’t love french toast?
I thought I’d share a healthy way for you and your family to create and enjoy this delicious breakfast dish using healthy ingredients.
This dish takes about 10-15 minutes to make, so if you’re interested in learning how to make french toast the healthy way then keep on reading.
Let’s get started:
You will need:
- 1 tray (glass dish or metal)
- olive oil spray
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 8 slices of whole grain bread
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, and vanilla extract in bowl; whisk ingredients together.
- Melt butter in skillet (or in the microwave), and add to mixture.
- Pour wet mixture into tray.
- Spray skillet with olive oil and heat on medium heat.
- Dip slices of bread into tray of wet mixture, one at a time, pressing bread lightly to coat both sides.
- Place slice of bread in preheated skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly brown. (You can cook more than one slice at a time if your skillet is big enough).
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
(Add 1/4 cup of blueberries, and warm maple syrup for added taste!)
Enjoy and share this recipe with your friends and family!
Thanks for reading.