This is the 2nd installment to my Nigerian Dishes series.
Today we are making a very popular dish in the Nigerian culture – fried plantain – also known as dodo.
This recipe is quick and easy to do, and you can enjoy fried plantain for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Let’s get started!
- 2 ripe plantains
- vegetable oil
- chili pepper powder
- ginger powder
- Wash and peel ripe plantain.
- Cut peeled plantain into thin slices.
- Place cut slice in a bowl, and season with salt, chili pepper powder, and ginger powder. Spread seasoning evenly over all pieces of plantain with your hands.
- Preheat a deep pan of vegetable oil on med-high heat. Make sure there is enough oil to cover all plantain.
- When oil is hot, lower heat and add sliced plantain.
- Fry in pan for 10-12 minutes, until plantain is golden brown.
Enjoy these tasty treats!
Thanks for reading.