In honor of Nigerian Independence Day, which was October 1, I’ve decided and have been inspired to create a series of popular Nigerian dishes that I know and love.
My culture is Nigerian, and I grew up on amazingly prepared and cooked Nigerian dishes.
This series will hopefully help those of you looking to create Nigerian dishes at home, and inspire those of you looking to create something new.
Let’s get started!
- 5-6 cups of Greens
- 2-3 plum tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 1-2 pepper
- olive oil
- dried, ground crayfish (or use jollof rice seasoning as substitute)
- Wash and chop greens. Place in a bowl.
- Chop onions, tomatoes, and pepper(s).
- Saute onions, tomatoes and pepper(s) in a saucepan with olive oil.
- Add salt and crayfish(or j0llof rice seasoning).
- After a few minutes, when onions turn brown, add greens to pot.
- Add a little more salt and cover pot to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Cook and stir greens with lid off until greens fully cooked and wilted.
This recipe is quick and easy to prepare. Enjoy some good eating!
Thanks for reading.